In the past weeks, many employers have been forced to furlough or temporarily lay off employees due to disruption and downturn in the economy created by the COVID-19 pandemic. During this time, those employees were able to file and collect unemployment. Some employers are now ready to recall those employees. In some cases, employers have been met with resistance and furloughed employees refusing to return. This action may be seen as a “refusal to come back to work” and disqualify those employees from unemployment benefits. Therefore, it’s important for employers to report such refusals.
The following outlines the steps to file a refusal to return report with the Kentucky Career Center:
- Go to the https://kcc.ky.gov website and scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Click on Reports and Forms just above the Kentucky Unbridled Spirit Logo.
- Scroll down about halfway to Forms.
- Click on Work Refusal Reporting Form.
- When you hit the Submit button it will submit the completed report to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need further assistance, or have any questions concerning the refusal to work issue, please contact us via email or by phone at any of our office locations.